re: RFC 3253, "Extensions to WEBDAV"

Joyce,

apologies for not responding to this issue for 2 weeks.

Having looked at the issues list you pointed to, my personal opinion is that characterizing this set of issues as "editorial" is somewhat stretching the term - for instance, figuring out that use of code 200 in one example and 201 in another example is actually a mistake is something one could not expect any editing function to catch. There seems to be approximately one error that's purely typographical, and about 5 errors that *might* have been caught with a validating parser for XML. The rest (like "define UNCHECKOUT semantics") simply couldn't have been caught by editorial review.

The page seems to indicate that there's active followup of the document, and that the followup also includes non-editorial changes.
So I'd say that the reasonable thing to do in this particular situation is to simply wait for the community to conclude its next cycle on the document.

(The document is the product of DELTAV, which is closed, but is strongly related to WEBDAV, which is an active WG.)

My opinion only.....

Harald