AW: RADEXT Milestone revisions

hi bernard,

thanks for suggesting something.

> As discussed at IETF 64, the O&M Area Directors have become
> increasingly
> concerned about the rate of progress within the RADEXT WG.
> Several work
> items are more than a year behind, and so there is a desire
> to substantially
> increase the rate of progress, by completing late work
> items as soon as possible.
>
> To this end, the ADs have recently approved a modification to
> the RADEXT WG
> milestones which separates several documents into multiple,
> distinct work
> items:
>
> a. The work now represented by the IEEE 802 document will be
> split into
> three separate documents, one focused on VLAN/Priority, one on basic
> filtering, and another document on redirection.
>
> The pre-approved WG work item draft file names are:
>
> draft-ietf-radext-vlan-priority-00.txt
> draft-ietf-radext-filter-rules-00.txt
> draft-ietf-radext-redirection-00.txt

how does the content of the current draft-ietf-radext-ieee802-01.txt
document relate to these three documents?

i would like to know whether some of these documents above address the
qos aspects (maybe the priority one)?

> b. The Design Guidelines document will be split into two work
> items, one a
> Standard track work item relating to extending the RADIUS
> attribute space,
> and another one a BCP on Design Guidelines.
>
> The suggested individual submission (pre-WG) draft file names are:
>
> draft-weber-radius-design-guidelines-nn.txt
> draft-<editor-radext-extended-attributes-00.txt
>
> c. The work on WLAN attributes will be split into two work items, one
> relating purely to WLAN attributes, and another one focused on
> crypto-agility.

i guess that this is your document
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aboba-radext-wlan-01.txt

what do you mean by crypto-agility?

> d. The Issues & Fixes document will be split into two work items, one
> relating to Issues & Fixes, and other one focussing on
> clarifications (but
> not extensions) to RFC 3576.
>
> The goal of this separation effort is to be able to complete
> the following
> work items quickly:
>
> 1. The VLAN/Priority document will be revised and brought to
> WG last call
> immediately with a goal of getting it to the IESG in March.
>
> 2. The Issues & Fixes document will be presented at IETF 65
> with the goal of
> making it a WG work item and bringing it an initial WG last
> call quickly.
>
> 3. The WLAN attributes document will be presented at IETF 65
> with the goal
> of making it a WG work item and bringing it to an initial WG
> last call
> quickly.
>
> As part of this document re-organization, we have the
> opportunity to further
> spread the workload by assigning distinct document editors to
> each of the
> newly created "child documents".  The chairs will be
> contacting the existing
> "parent document" editors, as well as potential new "child
> document" editors
> to assess interest and availability. If you are interested in
> volunteering
> to edit a "child document", let us know.
>
> The desired goal would be to complete the split and have new
> -00 documents
> submitted by the -00 deadline of Monday, February 27.  This is a bit
> aggressive.
extremely agressive :-)

ciao
hannes