Re: New Technical Issues RE: WG last call in progress on VLAN/Priority Draft

"Glen Zorn \(gwz\)" <gwz@cisco.com> wrote:
> Although the use of a Diameter header would allow for larger
> attributes, the increase in overhead means that there is actually
> less space available for attributes.

  Agreed.

  Do you have data on existing deployments where the 4k limit in
RADIUS is insufficient?

  I can only recall running into it once in the past decade.  The
situation was where a vendor had a non-standard string encoding for
attributes, and the customer wanted to send many of them.  In that
case, if the vendor had chosen to use a packed format, the 4k limit
would have been sufficient.