RE: radius dynauth client/server mibs structure

Juergen,

Please see inline.

> Are you sure? I see two problems with the sentence above:
>
> (a) sysUpTime does not record the system uptime; here is what RFC 3418
>     tells us:
>
>                "The time (in hundredths of a second) since the
>                network management portion of the system was last
>                re-initialized."

I believe sysUpTime is typically used to record the system uptime.
However the above definition seems to underscore that it records the
network management portion of the system and not necessarily the whole
system.  Agree?

As I mentioned in the other thread, how about the below.

"This counter *may* experience a discontinuity when the system
(re)starts as indicated by the value of sysUpTime."

> (b) are you really sure counters will not have a discontinuity if a
>     RADIUS server is restarted? Counters which live in a Radius server
>     (e.g. an embedded AgentX client) most likely won't be
> persistent...

It may not be the case (at least for the NASes) with the distribution
model.

Thanks
Nagi.