Re: radius dynauth client/server mibs structure

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 10:26:32AM +0530, Nagi Reddy Jonnala (njonnala) wrote:

> I believe sysUpTime is typically used to record the system uptime.

No.

> However the above definition seems to underscore that it records the
> network management portion of the system and not necessarily the whole
> system.  Agree?

Yes, I believe the definition in RFC 3418 to be correct.

> As I mentioned in the other thread, how about the below.
>
> "This counter *may* experience a discontinuity when the system
> (re)starts as indicated by the value of sysUpTime."

The system restart event is not really important (as it causes
sysUpTime to be likely reset and managers will simply deal with
it). The more interesting event is the restart of the subsystem that
maintains the MIB counters, e.g., the restart of the RADIUS server
itself.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany