RE: RADEXT WG at IETF-66

Nelson, David <mailto:dnelson@enterasys.com> supposedly scribbled:

> Glen Zorn writes...
>
>> Looking at the WG charter, I notice that so-called "crypto agility"
>> has not yet been added; ...
>
> From the RADEXT WG charter page:
>
> <quote>
>
> Goals and Milestones:
>
> <snip>
>
> Dec 2006    RADIUS Crypto-agility draft (e.g. FIPS 140-2 compliance
> for
> RADIUS) submitted as a Proposed Standard RFC (split out from WLAN
> attributes draft)
>
> </quote>
>
> So it appears to me that it *has* been added to the WG charter.

Sorry, I was looking for something in the "Description of Working Group" section, maybe under "Work Items".

>> ... are we going to discuss this?
>
> We can.

Apparently there's no need, since the method by which "crypto-agility" will be attained has already been decided.

>> How about other new work items?
>
> We will prioritize the session time so as to facilitate meeting
> short-term WG milestones. If there is time available, we can discuss
> new work items.  We do need to maintain our focus on meeting all our
> milestones, however.

Hope this helps,

~gwz

Why is it that most of the world's problems can't be solved by simply
  listening to John Coltrane? -- Henry Gabriel