RE: RADEXT WG at IETF-66

Nelson, David <> supposedly scribbled:

>> Apparently there's no need, since the method by which
>> "crypto-agility" will be attained has already been decided.
>
> You've lost me here.  The work item is to address the "crypto-agility"
> requirements coming out of SAAG.  Could you please elaborate?

Sure: the milestone I had missed says "RADIUS Crypto-agility draft (e.g. FIPS 140-2 compliance for RADIUS) submitted as a Proposed Standard RFC (split out from WLAN attributes draft)"; that says to me that a) there is a goal & b) how that goal will be accomplished (in some detail: "split out from WLAN attributes draft").  What was in the WLAN attributes draft (and presumably will soon be in a new crypto-agility draft) reflected a particular approach & viewpoint; from the wording of the milestone, I can only assume that that is the approach to be taken.

> Decided when?  By whom?

I've no idea, but I would think that you would.

Hope this helps,

~gwz

Why is it that most of the world's problems can't be solved by simply
  listening to John Coltrane? -- Henry Gabriel