RE: RADEXT WG at IETF-66

Glen Zorn  writes...

> Sure: the milestone I had missed says "RADIUS Crypto-agility draft
(e.g.
> FIPS 140-2 compliance for RADIUS) submitted as a Proposed Standard RFC
> (split out from WLAN attributes draft)"; that says to me that a) there
is
> a goal & b) how that goal will be accomplished (in some detail: "split
out
> from WLAN attributes draft").

Ah.  I see how the milestone might be read that way.  The intent was to
track the transfer of milestone deliverables as they were split.  I
don't think the intent was ever to foreclose discussion of which
specific draft and exactly which text would eventually meet the goal.

We have, in fact, discussed your draft on this subject on the list.  I
may be mistaken, but as I recall there were questions raised on the list
and at one or more IETF meetings that were never fully answered.

Discussion of solution approaches on this deliverable is open, as long
as it results in open discussion.  Any draft author seeking to submit a
WG work items need to be prepared to answer questions, accept and
incorporate comments and cede change control of their draft to the WG.

I know you were somewhat annoyed that Bernard would offer a competing
solution to your key-wrap draft, but that's the IETF process.  I
encourage you to rejoin in active discussion, as we get closer to
addressing this particular milestone.