FW: I-D ACTION:draft-weber-radius-attr-guidelines-03.txt

FYI, I updated the RADIUS attribute design guidelines
draft based on the discussion at IETF-65 [1].  See the
02->03 diff [2] for details.

The three main issues raised were:
 -We do not want to preclude future mechanisms for
  per-attribute encryption (which may result from the
  current 'crypto-agility' work item).  We also want
  to point at the concerns around the current MD5-based
  mechanism.
 -We want to enable SDOs to work independently (from the
  IETF) by using these guidelines
 -Structured data fall into different categories based
  on which entities consume (or parse) them.  Some of
  these categories are essentially opaque to RADIUS
  entities, and it's fine for these items to be over-
  loaded into existing types (like String).

I tried to address these issues in the current (-03) draft.

This topic will be discussed again at the upcoming IETF,
so please have a read, file issues, and come with opinions
(or voice them on this list).

Regards,
Greg

[1]