RE: IPv6 Address Option

Hi Bernard,

My email was simply an opportunity to prompt continued discussions from
Stockholm (things had been somewhat quiet).

To the question of tagged AVP,  your suggested rewording of
radext-design-07 :

For these reasons, the tagging scheme described in RFC 2868 is
   not suitable for use as a generic grouping mechanism.  Where
   a tagging scheme is required for use with arbitrary data types,
   it is RECOMMENDED that:

        * A fixed tagging field be used so as to remove potential
          interoperability issues associated with determining whether
          an optional tag is present;

        * The design make no assumption about the content of the
          data within tagged attributes."

to require new AVP which implement tagged values must treat them as a
fixed/mandatory is to me the best approach _if_ it is decided that these
AVP should not fall under the guidelines of radext-extended-attributes.
My opinion is that radext-design-07 should be updated to include the
proposed text above. After that modification I believe the current text
in ipv6-access-01 around tags:

The Tag field is mandatory.  The Tag
      field values are greater than 0x00.

 Is sufficient to allow the adoption of this draft.

I see no other outstanding issues in the minutes or on the RADEXT issues
list for draft-lourdelet-radext-ipv6-access. Should I post your proposed
text as an issue to the list for tracking?

Cheers,

-David