Re: Proposed Resolution of Issue #318: REJECT

Glen Zorn wrote:
>>> In fact I hold the idea in great esteem; what I disvalue is
>>> the idea that data-driven models have to be implementable by
>>> below-average high-school kids.
> If you would be kind enough to read my comment, you will see that I said
> nothing whatsoever about my colleagues, let alone anything insulting or
> dismissive.

  Nonsense.  In case you had missed the major shift in software of the
last 20 years, many world-class software products are written *without*
a budget.  i.e. Open Source projects, among others.

  Your comments are insulting to me personally, and to any number of
people whose customers demand something *other* than "what Glen wants".

>  The fact is, however,  (as Hannes has also pointed out) that
> the processing model assumed in the Design Guidelines draft is simplistic
> and limited, if not outright primitive.  If you wish to believe that that
> fact makes the promoters of the model simplistic, limited and primitive as
> well, that is your choice but I said nothing of the sort.

  Your statement was the equivalent of "have you stopped beating your
wife yet".

  It's insulting, dismissed, and damned well *intended* to be insulting
and dismissive.