RE: [RRG] Comments on draft-lewis-lisp-interworking

|> Simply this: if return packets leaving a LISP site, headed
|for a non-
|> LISP
|> site, use a EID as the source address, then it is highly
|likely that
|> the
|> packets will be dropped due to the source address filtering.
|
|That problem exists today with a source address from a PI
|block. So if
|you want to deliver such packets, you don't do that today.

Correct, however, today the provider typically will have some involvement in
distributing the PI advertisement.  This approach implies that the provider
now must be party to all EID allocations for the site and must make manual
configurations to allow new allocations.  We all know how well that has
worked.

Further, this isn't going to be effective if the provider is using uRPF
unless the provider inserts a static route.  ;-(

|We can't be sure of anything at this point. Therefore, we can't be
|sure it won't hold water.

And you can't be sure that it will...

Tony