Re: [RRG] Consensus? Solution cannot require host upgrades

Ran,

I generally agree with your message. And I agree with your factual assertion below. However..
There *are* a bunch of issues with *any* change to *any* part
of the system (host changes, tunnelling, or whatever else).  This means
that there are important architectural tradeoffs in various dimensions.
My understanding is that the Routing RG is considering those various
tradeoffs (for any proposed architectural approach) as part of the
deliberations here.

I remain very concerned about the lack of participation from those who develop applications. Absent those individuals the weighing of such tradeoffs is likely skewed.

Eliot