Re: Enterprise VoIP Peering Point?

> <yawn> Yet Another Layer 3 "VOIP" Peering Exchange. </yawn>
>
> I do have quite a bit more interest in Neustar's ENUM offering, but
> that press release is almost completely marketing flash and no
> content.  Their website is similarly geared towards readers of
> "industry magazines" and not towards those who actually implement the
> technology.  Do you have any other links that actually describe what
> these new "IP services" are and what, exactly, is the magic
> ingredient that makes it work?
>
> JT

I don't, personally, but I'll bet Richard Shockey does...

What you have here is a private ENUM ( phone number to URI mapping) service that permits carriers the ability to exchange URI or other routing data among themselves in a hosted secure manner. The services it can enable are limited only by the URI's defined, which are typically SIP based VoIP, MMS, and or presence based applications as examples.

We sign up to very stringent SLA's for data avaibility and integrity, have a full suite of provisioning tools etc.

--
Daniel Golding
Network and Telecommunications Strategies

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141@fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>