Re: Enterprise VoIP Peering Point?

> I've heard this a few times in the past few weeks:
> 	"Sorry, my vonage phone is breaking up. Can you repeat that?"

yeah, me too.  but as you point out...

> Many of the folks that I talk to who are using un-prioritized
> bandwidth into their homes/small businesses frequently have
> problems. These are DSL and Cable users.

...that's a last mile congestion issue, having nothing to do with
interprovider-RSVP or any other "hard" problems.  prioritizing the
traffic at the last mile is "easy" compared to interprovider-RSVP.

if an enduser or enterprise decides to do native voip over a congested
last-mile link without traffic prioritization, then no amount of
interprovider-RSVP or "voip peering" will help them.

i'm not saying the problem doesn't exist.  i'm saying there's more than
one problem, and that the one "in the middle" would be nearly impossible
to solve -- if it still existed.