Re: SIPphone Peering With UC San Diego

it does use the unis existing network connection.

we're not trying to be an international LD provider. We think the notion of paying per calls goes away and people will simply pay for a data pipe. That's the world we are trying to usher in.

-- MR

Daniel Golding wrote:
Well, it looks like SIPphone is trying to be an international LD provider
for VoIP users - i.e. Everything is per-minute, no monthly membership fees,
etc.

From that point of view, peering with Universities looks to be a very good
idea, because of the large number of international students.

The approach of using a dedicated T-1 is interesting - who picks up the
costs? Also, why not use the University's Internet or I2 connections?

- Dan