RE: Peering Presentation

You may be underestimating competitive pressures.

If I had a choice between providers and it cost more for friends and
family to reach me via one of the providers I would select the other.

How many companies out their have their own PBX? As more and more of these
PBXs support VOIP, it should be simple enough to both announce your
company's #s to a registry to save voice trunks and/or LD and do a quick
check to see if your can deliver a outbound call via the Internet.

More importantly, never before could someone start selling phone services
with such a small barrier to enter. These new phone providers think more
like ISPs than telcos. They have a financial reason to peer with as many
as possible to reduce their costs. In fact, if you think about it even
telcos like Verizon could save by first looking to see if they could
deliver the call via VOIP rather than pay another telco a transfer payment
to deliver the call.

...Ron