Re: DUNDi

>Of course, if enum is structured such
>that I can change my records without involving the telco, that advantage
>evaporates.

Now we are at the point:
This basically how it is implemented in most countries running trials
(except France).

Historically, the whole issues started with the Report of the Department of State
ITAC-T Advisory Committee Study Group A Ad Hoc on ENUM (July 6th, 2001)
- Section 4.3 and 4.4 (Opt-in Principle)
which was the basis for the US ENUM Forum and taken over by ITU-T,
ETSI in their TS 102 051 "ENUM Adminstration in Europe" and finally implemented
in nearly all ENUM trials and implementations and not an issue for 3 years. As I said
in already in a previous post, the implementation in Austria is exactly along these lines.

Only recently, also with the re-emerging discussions on Carrier ENUM, the
opt-in principle is challenged again. A full attack to the opt-in principle was given
just two days ago from Tom Kershaw (VP on VoIP Services, Verisign) at the
ENUM Update Forum at the VON, stating "Opt-in must go or ENUM will never fly"

This is why I said iit is nteresting that bell-heads seem to act more according to
IETF principles then bell-heads ;-)

Richard