Re: DUNDi

>But Dundi isn't the solution for this, it certainly won't do what you're
>hoping it will.

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot to mention exactly this in my last post:

DUNDi is NOT a replacement to (public) ENUM in e164.arpa, it is
orthogonal to ENUM in the same ways as Carrier ENUM,

DUNDi is a replacement for Carrier ENUM, to be precise for
the confederation shared variant (see ETSI TS 102 055 "Infrastructure ENUM",
and it is the provider putting the data in. In User ENUM I may change
may VoIP provider by pointing to entry to another provider (DIY NP ;-),
in Carrier ENUM and DUNDi I need to go through the normal NP process.

In this variant a con-federation agrreas to put their numbers in a commonly
agreed upon DNS tree (eg e164.org or e164.info), so it contains only the part of
the E.164 numbering space which is used by the con-federation.

In e164.info this is done by axfer the local DNS up to the common DNS, so basically
no need to invent a new protocol with scalability problems. DNS is already proven to scale.
The "GPA" is very similar, BTW.

Richard