Re: ASTN Layer Network Architecture

Hi Tammy, Maarten,

I have fundamental questions about some of the capabilities you've
discussed. For example, you mentioned that a connection should be able
to move from control plane to management plane.

What would trigger such a move?

And in the case that such move is possible, and assuming a connection is
initially set up as a switched connection (SC), then move to the
management plane, who would be responsible for tearing it down,
monitoring it, modifying it, protecting it?

Also, if a connection can move into the management plane, do we then
need to define all these maintenance capabilities for the control plane?
Maybe a subset but not the entire list?

How likely is it for a network to have control plane but no management
plane?

Would these capabilities considered as part of a link management agent?

Thanks!

Zhi