Re: ASTN Layer Network Architecture

Tammy, Maarten and Zhi,
  Along the lines of Zhi's question, it is also fundamental to know
which plane "owns" the management responsibility for the connection,
e.g., if a SPC is setup, then is it the management plane which owns this
or the control plane.  The management plane initiates the request, but
the control plane executes the request via NNI signaling.  As far as I
see, if we resolve this issue, then we can get a better understanding of
what is meant by "migrating" a connection from the management plane to
the control plane control.

Regards,
Shiva
Sivakumar Sankaranarayanan
Member of Technical Staff
HO 3C-508A
Lucent Technologies,
101 Crawfords Corner Road,
Holmdel, NJ 07733.

Phone: 	+1 732 949 5762
Fax: 	+1 732 949 3210 (Attn: S. Sankaranarayanan)
Email: 	ssnarayanan@lucent.com