Re: [IP-Optical] Re: Proposed text for the concatenation

Maarten,

>From my side, i don't see any drawback or problem to collaborate
in order to extend G.783. Since the work can be done in parallel,
without any impact on GMPLS signalling, i don't see where the
problem is with the today version of the SDH/Sonet GMPLS document.
I think that Eric summarized very well the current situation.

Kind regards,
- Dimitri.

Maarten Vissers wrote:

> Eric,
>
> I am serious. (See also my reply to Greg.)
>
> You wrote:
> > Note that GMPLS doesn't do something strange about AUG-X/STSG-X, TUG-X/VTG,
> > they are defined in the standards, it is just a code type, like VC-4 or
> > STM-1. By the way, AUG-X in GMPLS was asked by your own colleagues.
>
> I have been asking for this AUG-X addition, with the assumption that I
> would write a contribution to get G.783 extended with an additional
> MSn/Sn_A function supporting this AUG-X feature... You find this once
> more reflected in my email to Greg this morning.
>
> AUG-X/STSG-X, TUG-X/VTG are not defined as signal types in SDH/SONET
> standards at all. The STSG-X has been made a signal type by my company
> some years ago to support the requirements of some specific customers.
> It's proprietary so far.
>
> But given the result of the discussions last week, I don't want to have
> my requested feature treated any different than any other feature that I
> have been argueing about (arbitrary concatenation, semi-transparent
> STM-N). As this AUG-X feature is beyond current standards (in this case
> G.783), it should be first addressed by Q.9/15 and then by G.ason/GMPLS
> series of control plane specifications.
> Up to that moment in time, it should be a vendor specific extension of
> G.ason/GMPLS.
>
> Regards,
>
> Maarten
begin:vcard
n:Dimitri;Papadimitriou Dimitri
tel;home:+32 2 3434361
tel;work:+32 3 2408491
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.alcatel.com
org:Alcatel Bell;IPO NSG - Antwerpen
version:2.1
email;internet:dimitri.papadimitriou@alcatel.be
title:Optical Networking R&S - Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;Francis Wellesplein, 1=0D=0AB-2018 Antwerpen;;;;BELGIUM
fn:Papadimitriou Dimitri
end:vcard