Re: Proposed Addition to CCAMP Charter

Martin  -

> Looking back at the minutes, there seems to have been quite a debate during
> the CCAMP session between LMP and NTIP proponents. I do not know how we move
> forward though. The debate has not been happening on the mailing list. Even
> though Andre has asked a question to NTIP authors to stir the debate to the
> mailing, no response has come back. Otherwise, I have only seen some
> discussions on LMP-WDM vs. funiculus.

Don't confuse LMP with LMP-WDM.  There is no major controversy over
LMP.  The debate was how to add some functionality to extract
information from WDMs.  One proposal, LMP-WDM, extends LMP to do
this.  NTIP proposes a new protocol.  Just because there is a debate
over where this new functionality goes, we shouldn't let that affect
the progress of LMP.

...George

George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824