Distributed vs Centralized

Bala,

In draft-many-ip-optical-framework-03.txt section
9.5   Distributed vs. Centralized Provisioning

   "Centralization aids in implementing complex capacity optimization
   schemes, and may be the near-term provisioning solution in optical
   networks with interconnected multi-vendor optical sub-networks."

I also happen to subscribe to this view, but I need some help.

Are there any implementations of this approach in the industry which
can be quoted as successful.
Appreciate your response.

Irfan Lateef