relationship of ChannelFail and Data Link FSM

Regarding ID draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-00.txt, I have a question about the
ChannelFail message and the Data Link FSM.

Firstly, my understanding is that when channel monitoring detects a
failure, an LMP ChannelFail message is sent upstream, relative to the
direction of transmission. A node which receives this message and knows
via monitoring that its upstream link is ok has localized the failure.

My question is does this cause any state change in the Data Link FSM,
and if so, does it occur only in the node which localizes the failure,
or all nodes which are aware of the failure. The current FSM does not
seem to address this.

Regards,
George.
edgeflow Inc.
329 March Rd., Kanata, ON, Canada, K2K 2E1
phone: +1 613-270-9279 Ext 287
fax: +1 613-270-9268