relationship of RSVP-TE and LMP

I have two questions about the relationship of RSVP-TE
(draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-rsvp-te-03.txt) and LMP
(draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-00.txt).

First of all, my understanding of the LMP ChannelActive message is that
it is used to indicate to the downstream (relative to data flow
direction) node that monitoring should be used.

The scenario I have in mind is an RSVP call setup consisting of a
bidirectional optical path.  Presumably a switching node has to reserve
data channels and associate them with the optical path when an RSVP PATH
message arrives.

1) My first question is what is the timing of LMP ChannelActive messages
relative to RSVP messages.

Do ChannelActive messages flow downstream (relative to call
establishment direction) more-or-less in phase with PATH messages, and
upstream (relative to call establishment direction) more-or-less in
phase with RESV messages?

2) My second question is what addtional information information do
ChannelActive messages provide?

If a link is to be monitored when associated with an active call, it
appears the node already has this information.

Regards,
George.
edgeflow Inc.
329 March Rd., Kanata, ON, Canada, K2K 2E1
phone: +1 613-270-9279 Ext 287
fax: +1 613-270-9268