RE: relationship of ChannelFail and Data Link FSM

George,
  The upstream node should put the data link into the Down state.  The
downstream node remains in the Up/Alloc state since it doesn't know if the
failure is with this particular link or if it is further upstream.  The
reason to remain in up/alloc is that it may see restored traffic over the
link if the failure is repaired upstream.

Thanks,
Jonathan