RE: LMP Question: fault management messages

Sameh,
  To address George's comment, we plan to modify the text as follows  (new
text in <<text>>):

Section 6.2 Fault Localization Procedure

As part of the fault localization, a downstream node (downstream in terms of
data flow) that detects data link failures will send a ChannelStatus message
to its upstream neighbor <<indicating that a failure has occurred>>
(bundling together the notification of all of the failed data links).  An
upstream node that receives the ChannelStatus message MUST send a
ChannelStatusAck message to the downstream node indicating it has received
the ChannelStatus message.  The upstream node should correlate the failure
to see if the failure is also detected locally (including ingress side) for
the corresponding LSP(s).  If, for example, the failure is clear on the
input of the upstream node or internally, then the upstream node will have
localized the failure.  <<Once the failure is correlated, the upstream node
SHOULD send a ChannelStatus message to the downstream node indicating that
the channel is failed or is ok.  If a ChannelStatus message is not received
by the downstream node, it SHOULD send a ChannelStatusRequest message for
the channel in question.>>  Once the failure has been localized, the
signaling protocols can be used to initiate span or path
protection/restoration procedures.

Thanks,
Jonathan