Re: OLI/LMP-WDM/NTIP => next step in ITU-T SG15

TO: CCAMP, T1X1.5
CC: Q.19/15

Here is a first feedback related to the introduction of the Virtual Backplane
Interface (VBI) issue in ITU-T SG15.

I have introduced the series of 4 VBI contributions during the SG15 meeting in
October. As a result of the introduction and associated off-line discussions, I
created a proposed work programme which you find in the forwarded VBI email
below.

It was agreed to continue the discussion on the work programme for the VBI topic
on the Q.19/15 mailing list. I initiated this discussion on Oct. 25 via the
email you find below.

So far, none of the organisations in ITU-T SG15 has responded on the email. This
may imply that there is no need/support for standardisation of such VBI; the VBI
might be viewed as an internal equipment interface (of which standardisation is
outside the scope of ITU-T).

I will try to reach a conclusion on this VBI topic in ITU-T SG15 by the end of
this month, to support further decision making on the related OLI/LMP-WDM topic
in IETF/CCAMP in the IETF52 meeting in December.

Regards,

Maarten

=============== begin of forwarded VBI email ======================