Re: Two week Last Call on LMP (Sections 12.3.3 and 12.3.4)

Hi Jonathan,

Kindly clarify me on the following:

1. Is Link verification has to be done before Link property correlation
procedure.  Because with Link verification procedure only ( out of fiber case )
the neighbour interface mappings can be identified. But in Link property
correlation procedure it is given that Link Property correlation  MUST be done
before the link is brought UP and MAY be done when the link is UP and not in the
verification process. Here a Link will be brought UP only when TEST messages are
sent through the data link ( out of fiber case ). If so during the first
LinkSummary message we cannot identify the interface mappings right, only the TE
links parameters are exchanged. Am i right. Kindly clarify me.

2. Is that a data link between the two neighbours must participate as a member
of any of the TE link? if not how it will be tested.

3. In the BeginVerify message, there are LOCAL_LINK_ID class and Begin verify
class. It is given that

"To limit the scope of Link Verification to a particular TE Link, the
   LOCAL_LINK_ID SHOULD be non-zero.  If this field is zero, the data
   links can span multiple TE links and/or they may comprise a TE link
   that is yet to be configured. "

IF local link id field is ZERO means the data link can span multiple TE link. So
how to test this Data Link. Because in the BeginVerify Class, the Flags filed
cointains

                " 0x01 Verify all Links
                If this bit is set, the verification process checks all
                unallocated links; else it only verifies new ports or
                component links that are to be added to this TE link. "

If this bit is set means it will check all unallocated datalinks of the Node
right. if not set means the port or component links that are to be added to this
TE LINK ( means Local Link ID present ) has to be verified.

If this is the case how a data link that span multiple TE link can be tested. or
a datalink that does not participate in any TE link ( if possible ) can be
tested . Kindly clarify me.

Thanks,
Ramesh