draft-bellato-ccamp-g709-framework-01.txt

All,

I had a look at draft-bellato-ccamp-g709-framework-01.txt and must conclude that
this document redescribes G.709.

Reading this document and other contributions redescribing aspects of SDH/SONET
caused the following titles to appear in to my mind :-)
	"OTN for dummies" or "OTN explained" by the IETF
	"SDH/SONET for dummies" or "SDH/SONET explained" by the IETF

As indicated earlier this week, IETF should not redescribe SDH/SONET or OTN.
ITU-T has a complete set of specifications, which are available to anybody.

Those who contribute to the GMPLS work related to the OTN should base their work
on the ITU-T OTN specifications. Necessary references from the GMPLS OTN
specifications are to be made to the ITU-T OTN recommendations and not to any
interpretation of those recommendations.

FYI, the list of OTN related recommendations is:

G.872 (version 2)
G.709 + G.709 ammendment 1
G.7041
G.7042
G.798
G.806
G.7710
G.874
G.874.1
G.7712
G.8251
G.959.1
G.664

Furthermore work is ongoing on the following draft recommendations:
G.optperf
G.875
G.gps
G.otnprot
M.24otn

As such we should not progress draft-bellato-ccamp-g709-framework-01.txt.

Regards,

Maarten
begin:vcard
n:Vissers;Maarten
tel;cell:+31 62 061 3945
tel;fax:+31 35 687 5976
tel;home:+31 35 526 5463
tel;work:+31 35 687 4270
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Optical Network Group;Lucent Technologies Nederland
version:2.1
email;internet:mvissers@lucent.com
title:Consulting Member of Technical Staff
adr;quoted-printable:;;Botterstraat 45=0D=0A=0D=0A;1271 XL Huizen;;;The Netherlands
fn:Maarten Vissers
end:vcard