Re: draft-bellato-ccamp-g709-framework-01.txt

All,

It seems that I have caused an upset with my last email on G.709 Framework
document. Sorry for that. I am told that "OTN for dummies" has been negatively
interpreted by at least one of you. I used this phrase "for dummies" in
reference to a series of popular books introducing all kind of subjects in a
readable format to none experts. I have used such books myself in the past. I
have a positive association with such books and their authors.

At the moment the "for dummies" thought came up in my mind, I noticed that the
G.709 framework document has strong similarities (explain OTN to non-experts
developing GMPLS for OTN).
Combining this then with the reactions on earlier questions on redescriptions of
SDH within IETF documents (not to be done), I could only conclude that this
applies as well to OTN.

Then I made a mistake... I thought that version 01 of the document was aleady
published... it isn't of course. As the version isn't relevant to the issue I
was addressing, I should have referred to "G.709 Framework" in general instead.

Regards,

Maarten
begin:vcard
n:Vissers;Maarten
tel;cell:+31 62 061 3945
tel;fax:+31 35 687 5976
tel;home:+31 35 526 5463
tel;work:+31 35 687 4270
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Optical Network Group;Lucent Technologies Nederland
version:2.1
email;internet:mvissers@lucent.com
title:Consulting Member of Technical Staff
adr;quoted-printable:;;Botterstraat 45=0D=0A=0D=0A;1271 XL Huizen;;;The Netherlands
fn:Maarten Vissers
end:vcard