RE: draft-bellato-ccamp-g709-framework-01.txt

Hello Maarten,

> I had a look at draft-bellato-ccamp-g709-framework-01.txt and must
conclude that
>this document redescribes G.709.

> As such we should not progress draft-bellato-ccamp-g709-framework-01.txt.

This draft started some time ago (and version 01 is not published yet). I
saw private e-mail exchanges between the co-authors in which you are
involved. Do I have to understand that there are new stuffs that you don't
like ? Did the scope of the draft changed ?

Could you tell us why you are co-author of this draft ?

And why such a statement now ?

>Reading this document and other contributions redescribing aspects of
SDH/SONET
>caused the following titles to appear in to my mind :-)
>	"OTN for dummies" or "OTN explained" by the IETF
>	"SDH/SONET for dummies" or "SDH/SONET explained" by the IETF

I'll try to interpret these previous sentences in a non negative way for all
the people involved in SONET, SDH and OTN at the IETF (and I am not the guy
that was the most surprised - I am used to it now :-). Quoting a guy called
Maarten Vissers:

"I had hoped that the time in which IETF characters are looking for
confrontations with ITU-T characters was left behind."

I hope that the character that some of us are playing are not coming from
popular books. This issue reminds me a novel of Stevenson published in 1886:
"The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mister Hide".

Kind regards,

Eric

Eric Mannie

(or Dr. Lanyon should I say :-)