Re: Lambda LSP establishment

Manoj,

You refer to one wavelength to be available between A-E without wavelength
conversion capability. This suggests that you operate at the OCh layer network.
Then you specify the capacity of the 4 OCh link connections (A-B, B-C, C-D, D-E)
to be "C". Say that C is about 10 Gbit/s. You then assume that there is a
request for an OCh signal with capacity C/4 (e.g. 2.5 Gbit/s) between C and E.
The result is that the OCh link connections C-D and D-E are transporting the OCh
signal (of e.g. 2.5G). These OCh link connections are now in service and not
longer available to an other OCh connection request. I.e. a request for an OCh
connection between A and E will be rejected.

FAs are not applicable in the circuit layers. IF there is a trail in server
layer X, then there is a link in its client layer Y. X and Y are thus different
layer networks and signals.

If C-E is a "FA", then in an OTN the C-E connection would be an OCh trail
supporting an ODUk (k=1 if OCh is 2G5) link with a single link connection.

Note a FA in MPLS creates essentially a MPLS sublayer network. Such is not
possible in the SDH/SONET, OTN, PDH or ATM technologies.

Regards,

Maarten

OCh link connections

manoj juneja wrote:

> Hi All,
>         If I have 5 nodes A, B, C, D and E connected as shown. Assume
> that only one wavelength is available on the path A to E (no wavelength
> conversion capability is there on the complete path). Let the capacity
> of the wavelength be C. Further assume a request arrives for connection
> from node C to E for a line capacity of C/4. This request will be
> successful as we have available wavelength. Now If another request
> comes at node A to establish another connection from node A to node E
> via nodes {A,B,C,D,E} for a line capacity of C/4. Should this request
> be successful as we have already allocated the wavelength ?
>
> If the previous connection from C to E of capacity C/4 had been
> advertised as a FA, in that case will the IInd request succeed ?
>
> If the previous connection from C to E of capacity C/4 had not been
> advertised as FA then what will be the fate of IInd connection ?
>
>        A <--> B <---> C <----> D <---> <----> E
>
> Regards,
> manoj.

begin:vcard
n:Vissers;Maarten
tel;cell:+31 62 061 3945
tel;fax:+31 35 687 5976
tel;home:+31 35 526 5463
tel;work:+31 35 687 4270
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Optical Network Group;Lucent Technologies Nederland
version:2.1
email;internet:mvissers@lucent.com
title:Consulting Member of Technical Staff
adr;quoted-printable:;;Botterstraat 45=0D=0A=0D=0A;1271 XL Huizen;;;The Netherlands
fn:Maarten Vissers
end:vcard