Re: Minutes of GRIP working group meeting

Adam M Donahue <amd0978@acf3.nyu.edu> écrit :
> I considered this point, but don't the other documents concern this?  I
> would argue that you're still purchasing from an ISP even if you're
> getting in-house connectivity.  "ISP" doesn't necessarily mean "dial-up".

That's a good point.

A few weeks ago, I was talking with an ISP explaining him the interest of
implementing GRIP documents. He argues that he was an IAP (Internet Access
Provider) and not an ISP (Internet Service Provider). So, the GRIP document
were not relevant for him. That was completely false because his company was
also a Service Provider.

In order to prevent any possible misunderstanding of the documents, is a
definition of what we consider to be an ISP can be an interesting thing to
add ?

Tristan
--
Tristan.Debeaupuis@hsc.fr -=- Herve Schauer Consultants -=- TD1678
Ignorance est mère de tous les maux. François Rabelais.