Re: [idn] IDN eamples for testing

At 8:45 AM -0500 3/24/03, Edmon Chung wrote:
This is actually an interesting question.
Not for people who care about Internet standards. Of course, some people and companies don't care about Internet standards...

 Since we know that there are
actually quite a bunch of clients out there that uses bq--RACE, do we think
that those testbeds (such as in the case of JPRS) should keep bq--RACE in
the zone (together with xn--punycode) for a while for transitional purposes?
How many times on this list do we need to dredge up the "transitional" debate? The IETF has lots of experience with the failure of "transitional" strategies that involve multiple supposedly-identical data.

Or must this be considered non-conformant to the standards?
There is no standard for RACE; of course any use of it is non-conformant.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium