Re: [idn] Searching for IDN free software implementations (Perland Java)

At 5:08 PM +0200 5/13/03, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
We plan to register IDNs "soon" in ".fr". Our legacy software is in
Perl and Java. I need IDN "free as in free speech, not free as in free
beer" implementations for both.

For Perl, I could write a XS to the excellent GNU libidn or to MDNkit
but I hope someone else did it before the lazy guy I am. The
implementation in <URL:http://www.imc.org/nameprep/> is quite outdated
and I wonder if I can reasonably use it?
No, and I thought I had removed it a while ago. I have now. Please see <http://www.imc.org/idna/>. All the IMC-created Perl code there is free as in speech and beer. It relies on charlint.pl, the W3C's Perl-based normalizer that Martin Dürst created; that has a separate license.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium