Re: [idn] [SUMMARY] Searching for IDN free softwareimplementations (Perl and Java)

At 1:35 PM +0200 5/14/03, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
Perl) Paul Hoffman's test tool is written in Perl, and free. It is not
a ready-to-use, shrinkwrapped library (for instance, there are
hardcoded paths in the code). Requires Perl >=
5.8. <URL:http://www.imc.org/idna/>
Right: it's just a test tool. Anyone familiar with Perl will see lots of places where it is quite inefficient.

For Perl, we'll try to develop an XS interface, allowing to use GNU
libidn, written in C.
That would be a great service to the IDN community! If you do it, I'm happy to put it up on the IMC site for people to test with.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium