Re: SNMP improvements

To my knowledge, I agree that implementation of
SNMPv2/v3 is very limited in industry  - particularly
SNMPv3, although IMHO i believe it is mainly due to
less knowledge of what advantages (alongwith some
shortcomings:)) SNMPv2/v3 can offer. I believe many
NMS/EMS applications already have SNMPv2 in place and
some of them are on the path of implementing SNMPv3. I
believe conventions like Networld+Interop et. al. & of
course SNMP WG should help pushing SNMPv2/v3 in
NMS/EMS applicatons.

My $.02

thx,
chintan