Re: Guidelines for other SDOs

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 06:15:03PM -0500, David B Harrington wrote:

> [...] it would be good to make sure that
> future guidelines (and mib reviews) be cognizant of some of those
> differences, and mib reviews done for other organizations be
> relatively consistent regardless of reviewer.

I agree with this statement - the key word here in my view is "future".
We do not yet really understand how other SDOs do MIB reviews or how
the process of MIB doctors doing reviews for say the IEEE will work
out. So I feel it is a bit too early to generalize the current
guidelines which are supposed to help us within the IETF to get the
review work done more smoothly. Lets get the IETF review guidelines
published as a stable reference and then we can see whether there
is real need and interest to work on an even more general and
improved version.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany