Re: [Fwd: Re: [RMONMIB] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmonmib-raqmon-pdu-08.txt]

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 03:07:12PM -0800, Mark Ellison wrote:

> There is currently a dicussion about a point in RFC 2578 sxn 7.7, as
> described below.  Possibly, this issue could be clarified in the next id
> for the mib review guidelines?

I had a quick look at the RAQMON-RDS-MIB and I need help to understand
what you are trying to do. There is a table raqmonDsNotificationEntry
with a total of 32 columns (4 of them INDEX columns). All columns are
defined as accessible-for-notify. There are two notification types
defined with the 4 INDEX objects as the four mandatory objects. So
what is the purpose of the other 28 defined accessible-for-notify
objects?

Perhaps libsmi should warn about accessible-for-notify objects that
are not referenced in any notification type objects clauses...

/js

[I am generally concerned about the two transport solutions and tend
 to disagree with several statements (e.g. that SNMP informs give you
 congestion safety or that simply saying we use TLS is enough to make
 security folks happy). But I guess these more general concerns belong
 to the RMON WG list.]

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany