Re: note from the iesg plenary

Hi Peter,

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 04:21:45PM +1000, Peter Tattam wrote:
> Are multihoming issues likely to bite any current rollout taking place? If so,
> there will need to be a temporary workaround in the contingency plan, with a
> strict stipulation that such a workaround has a limited lifetime.  If not, no
> need to worry.

There is a requirement that any host that is modified to facilitate
multihoming interoperates with other hosts that have not received such
modifications (see 3.2.3 in requirements-01).

I think that covers both the cases of stack rollout and network rollout
(not sure which you were referring to). I believe the former is of
greater concern amongst people here than the latter, based on what
I have heard so far.

Joe