Recommendation v Requirements [Re: The state of IPv6 multihoming development

Sure. And in answer to Eliot, its usefulness is to provide
a frame in which to think about proposed solutions.

  Brian

Michel Py wrote:

> Brian,
>
> > Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> > I think we need the document, but since it does indeed contain
> > conflicting requirements that will need tradeoffs, it clearly
> > SHOULD NOT contain pseudo-normative language. I would suggest
> > that all the upper case normative words should be replaced by
> > shoulds and should nots in lower case, and then just ship the
> > thing as Informational.
>
> Replace "requirements" with "recommendations" and I'm with you.
>
> Michel.

Brian E Carpenter
Distinguished Engineer, Internet Standards & Technology, IBM
On assignment at the IBM Zurich Laboratory, Switzerland