Re: Recommendation v Requirements [Re: The state of IPv6 multihomingdevelopment

Eliot Lear wrote:

> Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>
> > Sure. And in answer to Eliot, its usefulness is to provide
> > a frame in which to think about proposed solutions.
>
> Given the document will have no force, I suppose I don't care all too
> much.  My point, however, is that the frame appears currently more like
> an overly constraining box.

We're engineers and should be used to designing in overconstrained
spaces. I just like to know what the constraints are.

I'm sure we don't need a recharter to downgrade the requirements
deliverable to an Informational.

   Brian