Re: The state of IPv6 multihoming development

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Masataka Ohta wrote:

> That's one of the reason why reduction of DFZ is important for
> the high speed Internet with quick routing table look up.

The IRTF doesn't agree:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-routing-reqs-groupa-00.txt

4.1 Forwarding Table Optimization

        We believe that it is not necessary for the architecture to
        minimize the size of the forwarding tables (FIBS).  Current
        memory sizes, speeds, and prices, along with processor and ASIC
        capabilities allow forwarding tables to be very large, O(E6),
        and fast (100M lookups/second) tables to be built with little
        difficulty.