RE: The state of IPv6 multihoming development

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Michel Py wrote:

> However, a solution that involves multiple addresses at the edge of the
> organization but single addresses on the internal network and hosts does
> not look unfeasible to me (Craig, please comment).

From a routing perspective, this doesn't look unfeasible.  Care must be
given to those applications which currently embed end-to-end addresses in
the upper-layer payload (H.323); this type of solution would imply a
knowledge base in the routing infrastructure to perform embedded
translation or an acceptance that these applications do not work.

/cah

---
Craig A. Huegen, Chief Network Architect      C i s c o  S y s t e m s
IT Transport, Network Technology & Design           ||        ||
Cisco Systems, Inc., 400 East Tasman Drive          ||        ||
San Jose, CA  95134, (408) 526-8104                ||||      ||||
email: chuegen@cisco.com       CCIE #2100      ..:||||||:..:||||||:..