Re: The state of IPv6 multihoming development

Huegen;

> > However, a solution that involves multiple addresses at the edge of the
> > organization but single addresses on the internal network and hosts does
> > not look unfeasible to me (Craig, please comment).
>
> >From a routing perspective, this doesn't look unfeasible.  Care must be
> given to those applications which currently embed end-to-end addresses in
> the upper-layer payload (H.323); this type of solution would imply a
> knowledge base in the routing infrastructure to perform embedded
> translation or an acceptance that these applications do not work.

According to the end to end principle, routing infrastructure MUST be
dumb that there is no room for perspective.

If an address of an end system is known, reverse and forward DNS look
up gives all the addresses of the end system.

It is an end system local issue having nothing to do with the routing
infrastructure.

People are free not to register the information to DNS, though they
can not enjoy robust internet connectivity with multihoming.

							Masataka Ohta