RE: The state of IPv6 multihoming development

|   On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Tony Li wrote:
|
|   > So we're going to institutionalize support for layering
|   violations?
|   > This doesn't seem right.
|
|   I would like for the answer to be "no".  At the same time,
|   there is the
|   question of existing applications.  Will H.323 be
|   completely re-written?

I have no idea.  If folks decide not to do some kind of modification
to support IPv6, they're going to have problems as soon as they try
to put 128 bits in a 32 bit entry.  ;-)

In my mind, the correct thing to do is to change it so that the
host identifier can go there, but keep the locator out of the
upper layers.

Tony