Re: My impressions of the Sunday meetings....

many of these proposals are good for solving world hunger and cooking
coffee in the morning. Right now, a glass of cold water is all I
really need because right now we have nothing, and people are starting
to think about getting thirsty someday.
I hear you, but at the same time a quick easy solution to part of the
problem can sometimes make the rest of the problem *harder* to solve, if it
results in stuff being deployed that gets in the way of solving the harder
problems.
I am not arguing for a quick and easy solution, rather the contrary. BUT, I think that we need more data, experience and time. Giving out a temporary PI block would give us this at little or no cost.

Some mailing list I'm on recently had a message about how truly painful it's
getting to do anything that requires changing the installed base. (Not that
that seems to trouble commercial Web sites, who seem to be continually
adding dubious "features" that require the latest and greatest browser, but
I digress...)
I agree, and therefor I am very reluctant to go in a direction that would require changes or implementations to the current installed base - without us even having understood the problem and agreed on it.

So sometimes it really does help to have some idea of what the long-term
path is going to be, to make sure that your short-term quick hacks aren't
going to get in the way of the long-term solution.
Again, I agree. That is why I wrote that we need a road-map so we know where we are going with the different solutions.

- kurtis -