Re: draft-kurtis-multihoming-longprefix comments

This is where the analogy breaks down ... I had though more about it
after sending the earlier note, and realized this would come up. The
copper/fiber doesn't change from the site perspective. More below:

from that computer to *different place* on the network - to
the infrastructure of provider Y. **That host has, from the
point of view of the rest of the network, moved to a new
location on the network**.

The street analogy would express this as the choice of direction at the
stop sign (end of the consistent copper/fiber loop). Using the different
attachment point as a different address model, I would have a different
service address when turning left, than turning right or going straight.
While I might give different instructions to those coming toward me from
each of those directions, the actual address doesn't change.

To be completely honest - making a analogy between street names and IP addresses doesn't cut it all IMHO. We are close to apple and orange comparison. You can always make one of them superior to the other depending on your personal preference.

Best regards,

- kurtis -